Language and Literacy
- Handwriting - Continue to write letters properly.
- Writing sentences - tell someone in your family what you want to write and they will write this for you to copy.
- Write k,r,m,d letters on the worksheets (4).
- Play "Sky Writer" and "Letter Formation" on "topmarks.co.uk".
- Writing - write 1 sentence about something you can do in rainy weather.
- Revision - naming and sounding out s,a,t,p,i,n,c,e,h letters - use sound cards in orange folders.
- Name and sound out k,r,m,d letters - use sound cards in orange folders.
- Watch "CBeebies"- "Alphablocks A to Z" and "The Alphabet Song".
- Play https://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/puzzles/alphablocks-abc
- Use sound cards in orange folders to recognise s,a,t,p,i,n,c,e,h letters / sounds - (Revision).
- Use sound cards in orange folders to recognise k,r,m,d letters / sounds - practise daily.
- Listen to "topmarks.co.uk" - "Phonics Songs".
- Look for items around your home beginning with k,r,m,d sounds.
- Cut out pictures of things beginning with k,r,m,d sounds and stick on different pages.
- Complete k,r,m,d phonics worksheets (4) below.
Talking and Listening:
- Children talk about their experiences e.g family events.
- Talk about different types of weather - matching and weather dice activities (2).
- Talk about things you can do in rainy weather.
- Continue to listen to and join in with a range of stories, poems and rhymes on "topmarks.co.uk" - "Storyteller Videos" and "Cbeebies" - "Stories".
- Talk about stories read.
- Continue learning all the words in your homework folder. Make sentences using these and read.
- Please continue to enjoy stories with family members at home, on the "CBeebies" website and continue to download eBooks and audio books from "NI libraries" and "Oxford Owl". Read from the free "eBook Library" on "Oxford Owl" in this order - (Levels - "Book Band Levels" - Lilac - (picture story books) - Pink (books with simple text / words) or "Oxford Levels" - (1) - (picture story books) - (1+) - (books with simple text / words).
(* Please continue to practise all the Literacy skills you have learned in Primary 1 to date, over the next few weeks, on "IXL English" - (Reception). Work through all the 48 skills at your own pace - there is lots to do for everyone! *)
Mathematics and Numeracy:
Continue with work in your "New Heinemann Mathematics - Numbers To 10" workbook and also in your classwork books. Please also continue to work on at your "All About Numbers 0 - 10" booklet - (given last week) - over the coming weeks and practise writing numbers using "Letter Formation" on "topmarks.co.uk" - number formation.
Number / Mental Maths:
- Count 1-10 - lots of counting practice to 5 /10 "IXL Maths" - (Reception) - "Count to 5" and "Count to 10" and "CBeebies" - "Count with Peter".
- Play "Count The Yeti" on "topmarks.co.uk".
- Complete "Number Cards - Matching Activity" - see below.
- Write numbers 1-8. } - Number writing worksheet (1) to complete.
- Recognise numbers 1-8. } - in "All About Numbers 0 - 10" booklet and "New Heinemann Mathematics - Numbers To 10" workbook.
- Record numbers 1-8. }
- Repeat number rhymes learned in school. (numbers 1-8).
- "Active Learn" tasks.
Number - Addition:
- Continue to understand the concept of "addition" - by combining 2 sets together to find - "How many altogether?" Practical work - Use buttons, Lego pieces to investigate this concept - (make 2 groups of objects, push them together to make 1 group and count how many altogether in this new group). Try for different groupings.
- Use the words "and", "add", "plus" & the "+" and "=" signs - talk about the meaning of these.
- Complete work on the "New Heinemann Maths - Addition To 5" workbook pages 8-11 (see below).
- Practise / test your "addition" skills on "IXL Maths" - (Reception) - "Addition Up To 5".
- Revision naming 2D shapes - circles, squares, triangles and rectangles.
- Watch "BBC Bitesize" - "Shape and Space - 2D Shapes".
- Play "Shape Monsters" on "topmarks.co.uk".
- Look for different shapes inside and outside your home - e.g square tiles, triangular road signs etc.
- Complete worksheets (2) - "Colour to sort the shapes" and "2D Shape Hunt".
- Assess your "Shape" knowledge on "IXL Maths" - (Reception) - "Flat Shapes".
*(Don't forget the "Active Learn" tasks assigned to you - for further learning).
(* Please look at the main class page for "World Around Us", "PDMU", "Art" and "Physical" activities for this week.)