This project has enabled us to consider how welcoming our school is, and to develop ideas and activities to further enhance our 'Welcoming Ethos'.
We have been able to:
- Install new sinage at the front of the school
- Distribute questionnaires to the Boardof Governors, teachers, classroom assistants, other non-teaching staff and parents.
- Compile and analyse the findings of the questionnaires
- Make improvements to the school reception area and staffroom, in addition to new noticeboards and display boards throughout the schoo
- Design and print new 'Welcome Packs' for new Primary 1 pupils and their parents and guardians.
- Organise Welcoming Schools Assemblies to introduce the project to the pupils.
- Introduce 'Media Initative' puppets in Primary 1 and Primary 2 to help pupils understand diversity.
- Create a new Welcoming Schools pop-up and portable display stand for the school.