At this time of the year in school we learn about Spring and learn about the signs of Spring time. This is a lovely time of the year when everything seems to come back to life again and the world is filled with colour again. We hear birds singing, flowers are growing, lambs are skipping in the fields and trees and filling with green once again. I have included a few simple little activities for you to do about Spring, but most of all I would like you to 'go outside' and look for the signs of Spring all around you.
* Talk a Spring walk (safely of course with an adult) and look for all the signs of Spring. Make a list, draw pictures or take some photos to record.
* Draw a flower that you see on your Spring walk, like a daffodil or primrose.
* Do you see any baby lambs in the fields? Perhaps you could make a baby lamb using some junk material like we use at our Creative Area in school, or even a chick or a bunny.
* Draw a tree from your garden. Perhaps you have a lovely cherry blossom tree. Look at all the different parts of the tree.
* Record the Spring weather. You could make your own weather symbols. At the minute there would be a lot of 'sunny' symbols on your weather chart.
* Have a look at the Spring powerpoint and see if you recognise any of the signs of Spring around you.
* You could complete the cloze procedure activity pages attached also. Again I would love to see any of your completed work to put into our Photo Gallery.