Language and Literacy
- Handwriting - Continue to write letters properly.
- Writing sentences - tell someone in your family what you want to write and they will write this for you to copy.
- Write c,e,h letters on the worksheets (3).
- Play "Sky Writer" and "Letter Formation" on "topmarks.co.uk".
- Writing - write 2 sentences about yourself - hair and eye colour and what you like doing.
- Use sound cards in orange folders to recognise s,a,t,p,i,n letters / sounds - (Revision).
- Complete "I Spy s,a,t,p,i,n sounds" - worksheet.
- Use sound cards in orange folders to recognise c,e,h letters / sounds - practise daily.
- Look for items around your home beginning with c,e,h sounds.
- Cut out pictures of things beginning with c,e,h sounds and stick on different pages.
- Phonics / Writing c,e,h worksheets (3) below - to complete.
Talking and Listening:
- Children talk about their experiences e.g family events.
- Continue to repeat some songs and rhymes learned at school.
- Listen to stories read and retell in your own words.
- Continue learning all the words in your homework folder. Make sentences using these and read.
- Please continue to enjoy stories with family members at home, on the "CBeebies" website and continue to download eBooks and audio books from "NI libraries" and "Oxford Owl". Read from the free "eBook Library" on "Oxford Owl" in this order - (Levels - "Book Band Levels" - Lilac - (picture story books) - Pink (books with simple text / words) or "Oxford Levels" - (1) - (picture story books) - (1+) - (books with simple text / words).
(* Please continue to practise all the Literacy skills you have learned in Primary 1 to date, over the next few weeks, on "IXL English" - (Reception). Work through all the 48 skills at your own pace - there is lots to do for everyone! *)
Mathematics and Numeracy:
Continue with work in your "New Heinemann Mathematics - Numbers To 10" workbook and also in your classwork books. Please also continue to work on at your "All About Numbers 0 - 10" booklet - (given last week) - over the coming weeks and practise writing numbers using "Letter Formation" on "topmarks.co.uk" - number formation.
- Count 1-10 - lots of counting practice to 5 /10 "IXL Maths" - (Reception) - "Count to 5" and "Count to 10".
- Play "Teddy Numbers" on "topmarks.co.uk".
- Write numbers 1-7. }
- Recognise numbers 1-7. } - in "All About Numbers 0 - 10" booklet and "New Heinemann Mathematics - Numbers To 10" workbook.
- Record numbers 1-7. }
- Repeat number rhymes learned in school. (numbers 1-7).
- "Active Learn" tasks.
Number - Addition:
- Begin to understand the concept of "addition" - by combining 2 sets together to find - "How many altogether?" Practical work - Use buttons, Lego pieces to investigate this concept - (make 2 groups of objects, push them together to make 1 group and count how many altogether in this new group). Try for different groupings.
- Use the words "and", "add", "plus" & the "+" and "=" signs - talk about the meaning of these.
- Complete work on the "New Heinemann Maths - Addition To 5" workbook pages 1-7 (see below).
- Practise / test your "addition" skills on "IXL Maths" - (Reception) - "Addition Up To 5".
- Continue to talk about different ways to pay for things - "BBC Bitesize Primary" - Northern Ireland - Foundation Stage - "Maths and Numeracy" - Measurements - ("Money"). (cash, coins, notes, credit card, cheque, phone app etc.)
- Continue to sort and recognise coins - 1p, 2p, 5p.
- Continue to count and make amounts up to 7p using pennies.
- "IXL Maths" - (Reception) - "Money"
- Worksheet (1) - cut out the animals on the given page and sort - "farm" and "not farm". Stick on the appropriate section. Talk about the results.
(* Please look at the main class page for "World Around Us", "PDMU", "Art" and "Physical" activities for this week.)